Labels

Food (53) Fitness (10) Nature (7)

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Hello Dolly!

Ok.. I will admit it right away.. I made these because I loved the name.. :D

Fig. 1. Hello Dolly Bars!
Plus they are made of chocolate! And they are supremely quick and easy to make!

I saw them on Delish. This is a blog I found via One Hot Stove and I have been tapping it for my bakes ever since! There are delicious and super-quick recipes tempting me to pig out every time I check out this blog! So it is apt that this post should go to Blog Bites for the Holiday Buffet!


Ingredients:
Graham Crackers - simple honey flavoured ones, 9 crackers, crushed into a coarse powder.
Butter - 6 table spoons, melted
Chocolate chips - 1 cup
Toffee chips - 1/2 cup
Coconut flakes - 1/2 cup
Sweetened Condensed milk - about 7 oz or 200 gms (I used a little less than half of a 14 oz or  400 gm can).

Procedure:
1) Crush the Graham Crackers, add melted butter to them. Mix lightly. Press into a 9 x 9 inch square pan.
2) Then add layers of the chocolate chips, toffee chips, marshmallows, coconut. You can use any fillings of this type. I skipped the marshmallows this time. But intend to add those too next time! ;) Really, you can be very creative with the fillings, change them or their quantities.
3) Then pour condensed milk over everything. If necessary add more or less of the condensed milk.
4) Now bake this at 350 F for about 25-30 minutes till the coconut is slightly browned.

Do not try to cut them up immediately. The chocolate chips are way too soft at that point. Wait.... Wait for an hour, two hours, even three hours if that is possible. They cut up real nice if you wait.

The nice square pieces are all gone now. The ones in the pic above are only the corner pieces that are left. So I stacked them to take the pic and hoped nobody would notice the odd shapes! ;)

But square or corner.. these Hello Dolly Bars sure are Delish pieces of work!

Cheers and thanks for reading!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...looks yummy and inviting...:)

Dr.Sameena@

http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Nupur said...

They look terrific- what a great combo of flavors. Thanks for the entry!

Unknown said...

wow, I too love the name and the bars themselves.

SS blogs here said...

Thanks Sameena, Nupur and Priya! :)

Priya Suresh said...

Name itself sounds interesting..cute looking bars..

SS blogs here said...

Thanks, Priya! :)

Cham said...

Hehe cute title, looks delish!

Anonymous said...

nice name! plus it does sound flavourful and delicious.so no harm in judging a recipe by its name huh!

SS blogs here said...

Thanks Cham and Sheba! :) Yes they were good to eat. I received positive feedback from even my "I don't like dessert" family members. :)

Panchpakwan said...

Looks yumm..loved it.

Malar Gandhi said...

Thats a nice name, love the dish too.

SS blogs here said...

Thanks Jyothi and Malar! :)

Pushpa said...

Lovely name and lovely snack bars.Yum!

SS blogs here said...

Thanks Pushpa! :)

Cooking Foodie said...

These look easy! And must taste yum with all the chocolate and condensed milk...bookmarked...

SS blogs here said...

Thanks CF! :)

-