Labels

Food (53) Fitness (10) Nature (7)

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Great Egret

Hey everyone.. time for a nature post! Here is an amazing bird I saw recently while I was traveling. Look at that wisp of a tail! How funny. :)

Fig. 1. Great Egret

It is not usually possible for me to take good pictures of birds.. but I do keep an eye out for them. This one was a lucky shot. The bird was walking fairly close by, carefully, slowly. So I took several pics. This one turned out to be the nicest.

It is likely that this is called a Great Egret. There is more info about Great Egrets on Wikipedia. It is possible that it could also be the Great White Heron, which is the white counterpart of the Great Blue Heron. But wiki describes that the Great White Herons have yellow legs, whereas the Great Egrets have black legs. So I guess this one might be a Great Egret.

Fig. 2 Great Egret

Fig. 3 Great Egret

Keep your eyes open too.. there are lots of beautiful birds and animals around us. :)

Thanks, Mallika (of Veg Bowl!) for tagging me with your Tag award. The rule of this Tag was to post a favorite picture and Tag other people. I guess these are my favorite pictures. :) And I suggest that any blogger who takes pictures of birds and nature around them, please consider yourselves tagged and post something pretty on your blog for us to see!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pics SS, lovely !!!

Cham said...

Learn something about Herons and egrets... That is a nice shots!

Sushma Mallya said...

Beautiful pics SS..

SS blogs here said...

Thanks, Priya, Cham and Sushma!

M D said...

Congrats! The pics of Egret looks very good. Beauty!

SS blogs here said...

Thanks Mallika! Birds can be just amazingly beautiful!

-